So, EA revealed the Madden 22 player ratings during Ratings Reveal Week. For the club 99 of Madden 22 ratings, there are a total of 5 players this year. But we are also going to take a look at the top players in the more popular positions and the top 5 teams by their Madden 22 ratings.
Madden 22 Ratings: Club 99
- Patrick Mahomes
- Davante Adams
- Aaron Donald
- Travis Kelce
- Jalen Ramsey
I have no arguments against any of these players having a 99. I believe they are the best at their respective positions.
Madden 22 Quarterback Ratings:
- Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) – 99 OVR
- Tom Brady (Buccaneers) – 97 OVR
- Aaron Rodgers (Packers) – 96 OVR
- Russell Wilson (Seahawks) – 94 OVR
- Lamar Jackson (Ravens) – 91 OVR
I am a little surprised by this list. I think Aaron Rodgers should also be a 99 after his season. I don’t think Brady should be second. Yeah, he is a great quarterback, but the defense won the Super Bowl this past year. I also think Lamar and Russell should be switched. Lamar may have not had the best passing season last year, but he is still the best scrambling QB to ever play the game. I think he will be above 95 by the end of the season.
Madden 22 RB Ratings:
- Christian McCaffrey (Panthers) – 97 OVR
- Derrick Henry (Titans) – 96 OVR
- Nick Chubb (Browns) – 96 OVR
- Dalvin Cook (Vikings) – 95 OVR
- Alvin Kamara (Saints) – 94 OVR
I know that Christian McCaffrey is a beast when healthy, so I have no problem with his rating even after missing so much time. However, I am kind of confused why Derrick Henry isn’t a 99. It makes 0 sense to me after his season. I also think Dalvin Cook should be rated higher than Nick Chubb. Don’t get me wrong Chubb is a beast, but he isn’t better than Dalvin Cook. Quite Frankly, Kamara should be higher than Chubb too because of his receiving ability. These Madden 22 RB ratings could be tweaked a little bit.
Madden 22 Player Ratings Wide Receivers:
- Davante Adams (Packers) – 99 OVR
- DeAndre Hopkins (Cardinals) – 98 OVR
- Tyreek Hill (Chiefs) – 98 OVR
- Stefon Diggs (Bills) – 97 OVR
- Julio Jones (Titans) – 95 OVR
This list makes sense to me for the most part. To be honest, though, Diggs could also be a 99 after the season he had. It’s hard to really decide, though, because Diggs, Hill, and Hopkins all have arguments to also be 99s with Adams. So, I guess we have to settle for these Madden 22 player ratings for wide receivers.
Madden 22 Player Ratings Tight Ends:
- Travis Kelce (Chiefs) – 99 OVR
- George Kittle (49ers) – 96 OVR
- Darren Waller (Raiders) – 93 OVR
- Mark Andrews (Ravens) – 88 OVR
- Hunter Henry (Patriots) – 87 OVR
I agree completely with the first three players. However, I think Mark Andrews is rated too low. He should be at least a 90 OVR. Also, Hunter Henry does not belong as #5. Henry is good, but I’d put T.J. Hockenson or Robert Tonyan over him in rating, to be honest.
Madden 22 Player Ratings Defensive Linemen:
- Aaron Donald (Rams) – 99 OVR
- Fletcher Cox (Eagles) – 94 OVR
- Chris Jones (Chiefs) – 92 OVR
- DeForest Buckner (Colts) – 92 OVR
- Cameron Hayward (Chiefs) – 92 OVR
I have 0 arguments here. All of these guys fit well in the top 5 and Aaron Donald absolutely deserves a 99 rating. Honestly, I’d give him a 100 as far as Madden 22 player ratings go.
Madden 22 Player Ratings Edge Rusher:
- Myles Garrett (Browns) – 98 OVR
- Khalil Mack (Bears) – 96 OVR
- T.J. Watt (Steelers) – 94 OVR
- Chandler Jones (Cardinals) – 94 OVR
- J.J. Watt (Cardinals) – 94 OVR
I agree with Myles Garrett, but I think T.J. Watt should be right there with him. He had the best season out of every player on this list. It’s kind of disrespectful that after the down or injured seasons that the other 3 had to be rated the same or even above (Mack) T.J. Watt. I think T.J. Watt and Khalil Mack need to be switched here and Jones and J.J. should be dropped a couple because they are coming out down years. J.J. Watt should be a 90 at most. He is getting up there in age man. That rating makes no sense to me.
Madden 22 Ratings Cornerbacks:
- Jalen Ramsey (Rams) – 99 OVR
- Stephon Gilmore (Patriots) – 97 OVR
- Jaire Alexander (Packers) – 95 OVR
- Tre’Davious White (Bills) – 93 OVR
- Marlon Humphrey (Ravens) – 92 OVR
It’s very normal for anything mainstream to not give the Ravens or their players the recognition they deserve. Marlon Humphrey should be right up there with Ramsey and Gilmore. I don’t think he should be less than a 97 minimum. Honestly, Gilmore is too high. He is aging and didn’t have the best season last year. Maybe switch Alexander and Gilmore then put Humphrey at 97 too. Stop giving Ravens low Madden 22 player ratings.
Madden 22 Ratings Safeties:
- Tyrann Mathieu (Chiefs) – 95 OVR
- Budda Baker (Cardinals) – 93 OVR
- Devin McCourty (Patriots) – 92 OVR
- Jessie Bates III (Bengals) – 91 OVR
- Justin Simmons (Broncos) – 91 OVR
I am not going to argue much with this list, though I think Justin Simmons should be higher. I miss the days of safeties like Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins. No safety has ever come close to Ed Reed in my opinion. And it probably won’t ever happen.
Madden 22 Ratings Kickers:
- Justin Tucker (Ravens) – 87 OVR
- Jason Sanders (Dolphins) – 85 OVR
- Harrison Butker (Chiefs) – 84 OVR
- Josh Lambo (Jaguars) – 83 OVR
- Graham Gano (Giants) – 82 OVR
I feel like the kicker ratings are low this year. I feel like Tucker should also be a 99.
Who are the top 5 rated Madden 22 teams?
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 92 OVR
- Kansas City Chiefs – 90 OVR
- Green Bay Packers – 89 OVR
- Baltimore Ravens – 88 OVR
- Cleveland Browns – 87 OVR
Can’t really argue with these team ratings. I think by the end of the season, though, the Ravens will be #1 in team ratings.
In the next post, we will go over the top Madden 22 ratings by team.