I wanted to take the time to give a quick update on the Ravens free agency and other Ravens news. The Ravens have re-signed 4 players, lost four free agents, and brought in one outside free agent in Kevin Zeitler. The Ravens, as expected, are remaining diligent of how moves affect the compensatory pick formula.
Ravens’ Re-signings, Restructures & Extensions
As far as Ravens news on re-signings, restructures, and extensions goes, here is the list so far:
- Tyus Bowser, OLB – 4-year deal worth $22 million, with the potential to rise to $27 million
- Chris Board, ILB – 1-year deal worth $1.6 million guaranteed, with the potential to earn more
- Nick Boyle, TE – 2-year extension for $13 million (saved us $2 million in 21′ cap space)
- Justin Ellis, DT – 1-year deal for $1,047,500
- Pernell McPhee, OLB – Signed a 1-year deal, terms not disclosed
- Jordan Richards, S – 1-year deal worth $1.01 million
- Eric Tomlinson, TE – 1-year deal worth $1.01 million
- Derek Wolfe, DE – 3-year deal for $12 million
- Marcus Peters, CB – Contract restructure created $3.5 million in cap room for the Ravens
- Gus Edwards, RB – Second-round tender cost $3.4 million, allows Ravens to match any offer and if they choose not, they get a second-round pick from whoever signs him.
- Trystan Colon-Castillo, C, & Kristian Welch, ILB – Tenders
- L.J. Fort, ILB – The Ravens did not pick up his option, which creates an immediate $2.25 million in cap space.
We also signed Kevin Zeitler to a 3-year deal worth $22.5 million ($16 million guaranteed). The contract is set up to where the Ravens only take a cap hit of $4.05 million in 2021. This signing boosts the right guard position, which the Ravens have struggled at since Marshal Yanda retired.
Ravens News on Free Agents Signed by other Teams
- Matt Judon, OLB – Signed by Patriots to 4-year deal, $56 million.
- Yannick Ngakoue, DE – Signed by Raiders to 2-year deal, $26 million.
- Morgan Cox, LS – Signed by Titans
- Mark Ingram II, RB – Signed 1-year, $2.5 million contract with Texans
- Jihad Ward, DE – To be signed by the Jaguars.
- Chris Moore, WR/RS – Signed 1-year deal with Texans expected to be worth up to $2 million.
The Ravens plan all along was to focus on retaining Bowser, McPhee, and possibly Jihad Ward. They actually tried to retain Ward, but he wanted a change of scenery.
Ravens free agents still available to be re-signed or acquired by another team:
- Dez Bryant, WR
- Pierre Desir, DB
- D.J. Fluker, G/T
- Anthony Levine Sr., DB/LB
- Matt Skura, G/C
- Willie Snead IV, WR/RS
- Khalil Dorsey, CB
Other Ravens News, Rumors, and Trades
Breaking Ravens news: trade reported between Jaguars and Ravens:
This is a trade with high-upside and low cost. If he doesn’t make the team, the Ravens lose nothing. If he does good, a 7th-round pick isn’t a big deal for a former 3rd-round pick.
- There have been rumors that the Ravens are interested in Kyle Van Noy, Carlos Dunlap, Haason Reddick and Melvin Ingram. All would help boost the Ravens’ pass rush next season. Other potential free agent options at outside linebacker include Oliver Vernon, Ryan Kerrigan, Justin Houston, Aldon Smith, and Jadeveon Clowney. There hasn’t been any other Ravens news on adding another pass rusher yet. Update: Haason Reddick signed with the Panthers and Kyle Van Noy went back to the Patriots.
- Ravens DT Broderick Washington was charged with felony destruction of property.
- It appears the Ravens are content with moving Bradley Bozeman back to his college position of center, who is their current left guard. There was a rumor about signing Rodney Hudson, but he ended up being traded to Arizona Cardinals, instead of being released by the Raiders, as originally announced. This could change if they see a center they want to draft. If they do this they may have to draft another guard to compete with guys like Ben Powers, Tyre Phillips, etc for the starting LG spot.
- So far, the Orlando Brown Jr. trade market is quiet at the official start of free agency. But many teams still need a left tackle, such as the Los Angeles Chargers, Washington Football Team, Carolina Panthers (Erving was signed but he can play guard too), Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts, and the Chicago Bears. It would have to be a great offer to let Brown go though because he is a good player and tackles on the open market aren’t cheap. It isn’t a guarantee that drafting one would immediately fill that void.
- Even after trading for TE depth, I still feel guys like Kyle Rudolph or Gerald Everett makes perfect sense for the Ravens. They went 14-2 with three good tight ends on the roster in Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle, and Hayden Hurst.
- There are still many options available at WR for the Ravens. The word around the league from agents is that they are most definitely in the market for the right WR. It is still to be seen who that may be. The remaining NFL free agent wide receivers include Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Rashard Higgins, T.Y. Hilton, Golden Tate, and DeSean Jackson. There are others as well.
While you are here, check out more Ravens news:
Ravens Free Agency Rumors: Kenny Golladay, Melvin Ingram?
NFL Free Agent Wide Receivers: Ravens Pick
Baltimore Ravens Gear
Ravens Free Agency: Kevin Zeitler Signing, Haason Reddick?
Please note, this article does contain affiliate links. Affiliate links provide me with a commission on any product or service purchases you make BUT at no extra cost to you.